Kickapoo Creek Winery
Close to the city, far from ordinary
If you’re unfamiliar with Kickapoo Creek Winery in Edwards, then you’re missing out on one of the best attractions in Central Illinois. The venue features 250 acres of beautiful, rolling farmland which includes a vineyard, tasting room, catering facility, banquet hall, bar, outdoor patio and tent. The winery is a haven for day sipping, night concerts and weddings alike.
A long-time customer
Since 2011, Kickapoo Creek Winery has trusted Thompson Electronics Company with their security surveillance needs. Through the rough climate of 2020, Kickapoo Creek Winery was fortunate enough to keep its doors open and even expand on their services. The winery’s latest surveillance and security project was to upgrade and expand their current system, last upgraded in 2015, with two key goals: enhanced safety and improved workflow.
Our professional team at Thompson Electronics Company designed a system upgrade to meet their specific needs upgrading the image quality and expanding the camera coverage to strategically capture all areas of concern. The new system boosts customer and employee safety and assists management to tackle workflow concerns.
Two (2) WebGate 16-Channel KAC Series 5MP Hybrid DVRs (IP, HD-TVI, Analog)
Eighteen (18) WebGate High Definition cameras installed
- HD with 5X the resolution of previously installed cameras
- Motorized Zoom/Focus and COC (Control over Coax) for remote adjustment
- Built In Adaptive IR to capture usable images in total darkness
- Vandal Resistant Indoor/Outdoor
Cameras were replaced in eight (8) locations; ten (10) are new locations
Webgate’s powerful Control Center Software
- Simultaneously view live and recorded images from multiple DVRs on one GUI (Graphic User Interface)
- Easy to use Smart Search included: the ability to search a specific camera area to quickly identify events (significantly reducing retrieval and review time)
- Alarm Inputs in addition to motion activated events
- Relay Outputs to trigger actions automatically or remotely
- Mobile app included for live, playback, two-way audio and relay activation
Within days of using the remote capabilities, management was watching an event live when they noticed there was a noticeable bottleneck in customer wait time at the bar. Seeing that immediately prompted management to devise a solution to help speed the transaction process. This resulted in adding another register and bartender which significantly reduced customer wait time, thus improving employee workflow. Thanks to the new camera system plus Webgate software, management was able to improve an aspect of the business that would otherwise go unnoticed.