Audiovisual Design Engineer
Thompson Electronics Company is a leading Systems Integration company with multiple contracts within the higher education, house of worship, government, and healthcare industries, seeks an Audiovisual Design Engineer. Candidate must have great customer service skills with emphasis supporting the corporate sector, with comprehensive audio video design skills.
The A/V System Design Engineer must have proficiency in specifying and building a wide range of system configurations to support multiple types of projects requirements based on customer needs analysis.
Experience and understanding of AV environments, video conferencing including Unified Communications (Teams, Zoom, Webex, Cisco and Poly end points and infrastructure), Crestron, Extron, audio DSPs, dvLED walls, projection, IP video routing, network infrastructure, and control systems.
- Strong knowledge of the AV industry tools and products
- Experience working with and interpreting construction and architectural plans
- Ability to coordinate design documents with IT managers, architects, designers, furniture manufacturers, general contractors, and electrical contractors
- Experience with low voltage, commercial AV, and/or networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to acquire new skills and seek ongoing training opportunities
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, and possess strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain an organized Research and Development procedure for testing new AV hardware
- A CTS certification or CQT or CCNA experience (preferred but not required)
- Occasional field troubleshooting support within the organizations AV support teams and peers
- Occasional day trip travel needs for new rollouts or project needs assessment
- Produce pre and post design and installation documents for Audio Visual projects, including facility plans, elevations, flow diagrams, and cable pull schedules
- Create network diagrams, rack elevations, and equipment room layouts for AV related needs
- Update as-built documents
- Provide technical expertise sales teams on Audio Visual designs
- Ensure that all system designs adhere to client standards and best practices
- Review designs and documentation with sales/installation team
- Promote, build, and maintain standardizations in AV room designs across global need
- Work with client and their teams to capture change requirements and update relevant drawings
Full Time Position has benefits including competitive and comprehensive health insurance, dental/vision program, 401k, short-term and long-term disability insurance, FSA, full paid vacations, and paid holidays.
Thompson Electronic Company provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Pay range in Peoria, IL
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance/Dental insurance
- Vacation/Sick Pay
- 401(k) with profit sharing